Thursday, September 18, 2014

HW 5

In this blog I used uchiha007's bow and arrow models from blend swap.  I created an empty and parented it with the bow and had it add an object with a velocity when I press the space bar.  The arrows are able to collide with large rectangular prisms and knock them down.  I'm not exactly sure why I couldn't rotate the arrows to aim correctly so they sort of shoot oriented upward. 

This kind of thing relates to our game because we'll potentially have several enemies surrounding the main character and that character should be able to rotate, move and shoot arrows.  This is fun because it poses a small problem, that of knocking down pillars with arrows.  I think it could be more fun to extend this and have things that spawn more quickly and walk toward the middle as the player has to shoot them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment